Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 1, 2013

Nine Months

Oh Eli, how we love you!  I have had more people comment on how laid back, easy going and how you are just such a GOOD baby and I can only beam with pride and agree.  You are a joy!  You make every rough day better and can always put a smile on my face.

Nicknames: Eli, Booga Bear, Lil' Monkey, Peanut...you answer to alot but you definetly know your name!

Likes: Grabbing hair!  You seriously almost made a donation to locks of love from your sister's head of hair, not once but twice in a matter of minutes!  Johnny Jumper - finally figured out how to bounce well enough and go to town; when mommy does jumping jacks - this is hysterical, when I lay you on your back and do them in front of you, you move your arms and legs in the same motion and then stop when I stop, all while cracking up laughing!; OUTSIDE - you literally cry when I walk to let the dog out but we don't go; the jogging stroller (hence you are outside); any attention; your bed

Dislikes: Being told no that we cannot go outside; coming back inside (you get the idea); when your food runs out (you have a belly and an appetite!); getting your diaper changed - you try to flip over which makes it more difficult; being left alone in a room

Milestones: Sitting up as long as you want; sleeping through the night (more on this in a bit); getting top two teeth...they have broken through but aren't showing that much yet; first word!  Mama!!!!

Feeding: You are down to nursing twice a day, a bottle of breastmilk and one of formula; you are eating breakfast/lunch/dinner and have started having some snacks.  You like sweet potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, black beans, tomato soup, corn, peas, peaches, apples, pears, mango...thus far you don't like avocado or cantelope and bananas are a hit/miss depending on the day

Sleeping: I have never been so excited to write about this topic for any of my children!  You have been sleeping on average about 8-10 hours each night.  You usually go down btw 7:30-8 and will sleep anywhere between 3:30-5:30...on the weekends if you wake up you will nurse then go back down for another hour or two.  You take about two naps a day one for maybe 45 and then the other for an hour to two hours depending on the day

Clothing: Size 3 diapers, 6-9 month clothing but some of this is tight.  You have a belly!  We go to the dr next week for your 9 month check up but I am guessing you have to be close to 18 lbs or so

Firsts: Said your first word...MAMA!!!!  Followed by DADA, but MAMA was heard and not just by me!  I have witnesses (Mimi,Jac and Nana)  Sleeping through the night consistently (praying by typing this I am not jinxing us); trying new foods (corn, black beans, soup, gerber puffs, gerber yogurt melts, asparagus, broccoli); first St. Patrick's Day and First Easter---the bunny treated you well

Looking forward too: Crawling?  I really think we are a ways off from this, you show no signs of even being interested, or pulling up.  I am guessing if we go with how long it took you to sit up then you probably will crawl at 12 months and walk at 18...hey, slow and steady wins the race right?

Eli, you are amazing.  You are the sweetest little boy and baby I know.  You have stolen my heart.  I can not thank God enough for entrusting me with you precious one!  We love you!!!








No comments: