Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Next Best Thing...

The greatest joy I have ever known has been being a mother. I couldn't imagine a better gift that God could give me and Casey than being Ashton and Reese's parents. Now, you may ask, what is the next best thing? Becoming an AUNT! And to top it off, to twins! I am over the moon that my sister and brother in law are expecting two sweet babies this December. This weekend I had the honor of helping to host a "Twins and Tapas: Gender Reveal Baby Shower." See for about 8 weeks Mark and Jac have know the sex of the babies but have remained silent and told no one. Check out the pictures below to see how the night went....





The cute banner Melissa made:



The adorable cards that Becky made were displayed around the house with cute quotes, and cards for people to fill out with "Wishes for Babies"





And then there was a LOT of food...





Boys? Girls? One of each???



My mom had a stitchery reframed. This hung in Jacqueline's room when she was a baby and was stitched with LOVE by Nannie Marge...






















We were missing Casey from this picture, and missed having Dad and Nan and the rest of our New Orleans family there...




The parents to be with Ashton, Reese and Brayden




Mimi and Reese



Before the reveal...There were ballons in each box that were going to fly up revealing what the sex of each baby is...



Playing around:


Ashton is so excited that Jac is pregnant! He tells people all the time she has TWO babies in her belly!










Here it goes, box number 1, what will it be????



A total GAG! Black Balloons! What the??? They said to come back in December to find out and they weren't telling! Thank goodness they were joking!



Okay, time for the real deal! It's a.....





BOY! And a....


BOY! Two boys! Two nephews! I was shocked! They took a picture with all the people who had guessed two boys (I guessed Girl and Boy, so I was wrong!)



Papa and Nana with Warner and Ashton


The Donat Family...what a GREAT picture!




The beautiful Mom to be and me...




This was one of the best nights of my life. I am so happy to have been a part of this and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my TWO NEPHEWS!!!! There have already been many tears of joy and I am sure more are coming. I know Mark and Jac are going to be incredible parents and I am looking forward to being an AUNT!

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

How cute!!! I love it all!! Congrats to them- I think being an aunt is one of the most fun things in the entire world!!