Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

3 out of 4 times 2

How is that for an equation? Four eyes, four ears, two kids...and 3 out of the 4 eyes had pink eye and 3 out of the 4 ears had an ear infection! So Tuesday evening Casey had a dinner to go to and I noticed Reese's eyes starting to get that "junk" in them. Next thing you know Ashton's right eye started to look pink. I sent Casey a text saying I wouldn't be surprised if Ashton woke up with pink eye, sure enough he did. Casey was an awesome dad and took both kiddos to the doctor (yes don't forget we were there the week before getting Ashton medicine for an ear infection.) Results, both kids had pink eye and ear infections. Reese had it in both eyes and both ears, Ashton had it in one eye and still had his ear infection. So they headed home to stay inside and try not to spread the lovely germs. Thursday morning the kids looked a lot better but still had that "glassy" look to their eyes so I stayed home with them (that would be day 2 inside the house). Then the ice storm...no work on Friday or school for the kids, but another day inside the house. Thankfully Mimi called Friday night and asked if Ashton wanted to spend the night...so thankful because Cabin Fever had already set in. Good news now, the infections seem to be getting better, but I am pretty sure Reese has her second tooth coming in which is causing my Oh So Happy Baby to be a little cross and wants to be held by her mommy non-stop. Don't get me wrong, I love to snuggle with this little one, but sometimes I need my arms. On a lighter note, enjoy the pictures below....Reese's bout with pink eye documented, Ashton finally letting me take a picture of him (MIRACLE!) and being sweet to his sister, Ashton talking on the phone with Grandpa (he LOVES to call people now, I think he called Molly 4 times on Wednesday when he was home sick), and finally Reese sporting a bow without a headband...my baby girl is finally getting enough hair to put a clip in, that is, until she figures out how to grab it off her head and then it is over!






1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh my poor things... that goes for you too!!