Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Long overdue!

I have been meaning to do a post on this, well, since the day we came home from the hospital with Reese. As many of you know, Casey and I have opted not to find out if we were having a boy or girl with both pregnacies. When Ashton was born I went with a very neutral color scheme and had an ABC/animal room decorated with primary colors. When I found out I was pregnant with Reese I knew I wanted the colors to be bright green with black furniture and decided once the baby came I would either go all out with bright blue or pink. Well with a sweet baby girl joining our family, pink it was going to be. You may remember that Reese was born at 4:39 AM on June 23 and we both were released to go around noon on June 24. To my surprise when we got home I found her room decorated and just waiting for Ms. Reese to enjoy. My sweet mom, sister and friend, Deann had left the hospital the afternoon she was born and went on a mission to get everything to decorate the room. All they had to work with was a corner shelf, crib with the bedding (at least I did do that), a glider and a large dresser. All black furniture and that was about it. The three of them worked so hard to paint adorable letters that they hung with cute flower knobs, decorate a lamp, buy a rug, fill up frames and hang wall fixtures, find pillows to match and even a decorated bulletin board. I was floored by all of their hard work in such a short amount of time and so thankful for the gracious coming home present. I felt like I had been on an extreme home make-over show and was so lucky to reap the benefits. I had a few people ask me if I was disappointed that I personally didn't get to pick out the decor, etc....but for those who know me well, they know that I do not have creativity on that end...my small creative bone I prefer to use in decorating cookies! So after all of this I would once again like to say THANK YOU MOM, JACQUELINE & DEANN!!!





















No comments: